Posted on December 13, 2019; Effective Date: January 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice describes how the Weebly eCommerce by Square platform (referred to herein as “Weebly”) uses and discloses the information we collect from you as a customer of the Weebly platform (collectively, “Services”). Weebly is a product and service owned by Square, Inc., and references to “us,” “we” or “our” in this Privacy Notice refer to Square, Inc. and its affiliates.
This Privacy Notice applies to the information collected in connection with your use of Weebly, but does not apply to information of yours that we may collect through our other services or products, or if you are both a Square Seller and Weebly customer. If you use Weebly for eCommerce and are a Square Seller (for example, through your use of Square Online Store), the privacy notice that applies to you can be found here.
Information You Provide
● Identification Information, such as:
o Name, email address, postal address, signature, and phone number.
● Financial Information, such as your credit card details, PayPal email address, and other information necessary to process the transaction. We will retain the last four digits of your credit card number, credit card type, and associated name and address, which you may identify as a card used in the future.
● Other Information You Provide, such as information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
Information We Collect From Your Use of the Services
● Online identifiers (e.g., information you use to log in to your account), Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and unique personal identifiers (including device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number; unique alias, and other identifiers); and
● Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
We also obtain information about your customers on your behalf when they transact with you. We call this information Your Customers’ Data. We collect Your Customers’ Data when they transact with you through your use of Weebly. Your Customers’ Data may include:
● Device Information. Information about Your Customer’s device, including hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
● Identification Information. Your Customers’ name; email address; mailing address; phone number; or other historical, and contact information.
● Location Information. The location of Your Customer’s device if they pay with Apple or Android Pay.
● Transaction Information. When Your Customers use Weebly to make or record payments to you, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions which may include item-level data, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
● Use Information. Information about how Your Customers transact with you using our Services, including access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of Your Customer’s internet service provider, other attributes about Your Customer’s browser, mobile device and operating system, features Your Customer uses, and the date and time of use of the Services.
● Other Information You or Your Customers Provide. Information that Your Customers voluntarily provide you or that you input into Weebly’s systems about your Customers, including survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; or any other actions performed when they transact with you using Weebly.
We collect (and/or have collected during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice) information about you from the following categories of sources:
o You directly, when you submit information to us or allow us to access information about you;
o Your devices and applications when you interact with our website or use our Services;
o Our group companies and affiliates;
o Other sources, including:
o Social media networks;
o Online advertising companies;
o Mailing list providers; and
o Publicly available sources (such as public records of criminal convictions and arrest records).
● Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your Weebly account;
● Displaying your historical transaction information;
● Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
● Providing, maintaining and improving our Services, including our website;
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
● We also may share (within our group of companies or affiliates, or with service providers or other third parties) aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
When you interact with our online services, or open emails we send you, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our websites or emails.
We use these automated technologies to collect your device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described above. These technologies help us to:
● Remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it;
● Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails;
● Tailor our online services to your preferences;
● Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you; and
● Otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
We set some of these automated technologies ourselves, but others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf. For example, we may use other companies’ web analytics services (described in the “Third-Party Analytics Services” section), which use automated technologies to help us evaluate how customers use our websites.
Your browser can alert you when cookies are placed on your device, and how you can stop or disable them via your browser settings. Please note, however, that without cookies all of the features of our online services may not work properly. If you use a mobile device, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by changing the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. You can learn more about cookies and how to manage your preferences by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use third-party analytics service providers to help us with our online services, such as Google Analytics, BugSnag, and Crashlytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our online services. We may disclose your site-use information (including IP address) to these analytics providers, and other service providers who use the information to help us figure out how you and others use our online services.
● To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
● To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
● To learn more about BugSnag, please visit https://docs.bugsnag.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
● To learn more about Crashlytics, please visit https://fabric.io/terms.
We and the service providers we use to advertise to you may collect information about your activities on Square. We use this information to advertise to you and to tailor our products and services to your interests. You may see certain ads on other websites because we use third-party services to advertise our services to you. We use these services to target our ads to you and others based on your demographics, interests and context. These third-party ad services track your online activities over time and across multiple websites by collecting your information through automated technologies, including third-party cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The ad services use this information to show you Weebly ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad services may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve Weebly ads, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on those websites. This data collection takes place both on our online services, and on third-party websites that serve our ads to you. This process also helps us figure out if our ads to you are effective.
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to website you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, our websites are not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers.
We generally keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our General Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
Some of the advertising platforms that we use to collect information from or about you in order to provide our advertising to you within mobile applications participate in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a mobile application called the “AppChoices,” which provides a centralized location where you can make choices about the use of your information for online behavioral advertising within the mobile environment. The AppChoices application can be downloaded from your mobile device at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or from your device’s app store. If you opt out of online behavioral advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
On your mobile device, you may also go to your device settings and select “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices), or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices), which will allow you to limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device (such as precise location data) for the purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you.
If you live in California, the following additional rights apply to you.
Right to Know
You may have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, to see the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
● The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
● The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
● The business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
● The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
● The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
To request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, see “How to Exercise Your Rights” below. You may find all of the other information listed above in this Privacy Notice.
California law gives you the right to ask if we disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes (we do not disclose your personal information for others’ direct marketing purposes). It also gives you the right to ask if we sell your personal information to third parties (we do not sell your personal information and have not done so in the past), and if we did (which we don’t), you’d have the right to opt out of such sales.
Right of Deletion
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to exceptions the law provides). Please note that you may no longer be able to use our Services if you delete your personal information.
Right of Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against if you exercise these privacy rights. We will not discriminate against you, deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you live in California and would like to send us a request to exercise one of your above rights, you may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice or through your Weebly dashboard.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf as permitted under law, though before we process that request, we will require that you provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and verify your identity directly with us.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we learn that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, and misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Canada, Japan, the European Union, and other countries.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a revised version and updating the “Effective Date” above. The revised version will be effective on the “Effective Date” listed. We will provide you with reasonable prior notice of material changes in how we use your information, including by email, if you have provided one. If you disagree with these changes, you may cancel your account at any time. If you keep using our Services, you consent to any amendment of this Privacy Notice.
Please contact our privacy team with any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice:
Square, Inc. 1455 Market Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94103, U.S.A.
Help Center: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy notice, or if you believe our privacy notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint with our privacy team listed above. We will respond to let you know when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.
March 22, 2019: Changes were made to align this notice with Square’s practices regarding international data transfers.
August 22, 2018: Changes were made to update this notice to align with Square, Inc.’s privacy notice following Square’s acquisition of Weebly.
May 23, 2018: Changes were made to this notice in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.